Frozen Fruity Cocktails
Have a blender and a freezer? This easy to make slushy just takes a few minutes to whip up, but tastes like you’ve been working at it all day!
Great for serving at summertime parties and bbq’s: you’ll want to keep your freezer stocked with frozen fruit and have some Niagara Mist on hand at all times. Feel free to double the batch while the blender is out!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups frozen fruit such as strawberries, peaches, mango, mixed berries or cherries
- 2 cups your favourite flavour Niagara Mist wine
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
[We used Niagara Mist Black Cherry Pinot Noir and mixed berries in our video]
- Combine fruit, wine and honey or syrup in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two ice cube trays. TIP: If using berries with seeds, strain before proceeding, if desired. TIP: 'Wine cubes' can be transferred to a zip top bag and stored for up to 1 week.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Transfer 'wine cubes' to a blender and blend until slushy.
- Pour into stemmed glasses to serve. Cheers!
For a granita-style slushy, pour the mixture into an 8-inch square, baking dish. Freeze for at least 6 hours. Use a fork to scrape into a slushy texture. Spoon into glasses. Serve with a spoon or top with additional wine for a drinkable dessert.
TIP: Adjust consistency with extra wine to taste.